The Function of the Trust Board
The trust board manages the business of the academy trust and focuses on the three core functions of governance:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
The trustees also ensure compliance with the trust’s charitable objects, with company and charity law, and ensure adherence to the trust’s funding agreement with the Secretary of State. The full board of trustees meets six times a year to pursue these objectives.
The trust board delegates certain functions to dedicated committees. There are three main committees:
- Finance & Resources (Chair: Jason Hughes) oversees budget setting, monitoring and review, oversees staffing arrangements including pay, oversees statutory compliance, the school premises and health & safety.
- Teaching & Learning (Chair: Rob Gordon) oversees student progress and outcomes, the curriculum and quality of teaching.
- Students, Parents & Community (Chair: Jim Eyre) oversees safeguarding, inclusion, attendance, behaviour and the wider school community.
These committees meet at least every term and there are further committees and panels which meet as and when required.