- Nothing is more important than the safety and wellbeing of our pupils. We ask that you take some time to familiarise yourself with some key safeguarding points.
- The Richmond upon Thames School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our especially vulnerable pupils and expects all staff and visitors to share this commitment.
- Our philosophy is to always ‘think the unthinkable’.
- Any visitor to the school will be accompanied at all times by a member of staff to ensure the safety and wellbeing of pupils.
- Be aware that we have card controlled entrances/doors to ensure the safety of our pupils; please be vigilant when walking through.
- We have CCTV recording in all areas of the school site for the safety of pupils and staff.
- Photography of our pupils is strictly forbidden without prior consent.
- Mobile phones should be switched to silent when on site.
- If you have a safeguarding or child protection concern please report what has been disclosed to one of our designated safeguarding leads below as soon as possible, who will record and act, if appropriate, on the information.
- Remember that if there is a risk of immediate serious harm to a child a referral can and should be made to children’s social care services immediately and that anybody can make a referral.
If you are concerned about a student, please email email@example.com
|Designated Safeguarding Leads||Contact|
|Lee Cornwall - DSL||LCornwall@rts.richmond.sch.uk||0208 891 2985|
|Pippa Wright - Deputy DSL||PWright@rts.richmond.sch.uk||0208 891 2985|
|Kelly Dooley - Deputy DSL||Head@rts.richmond.sch.uk||0208 891 2985|
|David Jones - Deputy DSL||DJones@rts.richmond.sch.uk||0208 891 2985|
|Cathy Bird - Link Trustee||Clerk@rts.richmond.sch.uk||0208 891 2985|
Support and information
You may want to contact Single Point of Access (SPA) which acts as a central information hub for all professional agencies in Kingston and Richmond.
The SPA phone lines are now open as follows:
- Monday-Thursday 08.00-17.15 and Friday 08.00-17.00 - the phone number during these times is 020 8547 5008
- Out of hours: 020 8770 5000
Hounslow Early Help Assessment
- Telephone number: 020 8583 6600
- Out of hours: 020 8583 2222
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NSPCC: Speak to a counsellor 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Telephone number: 0808 800 5000, or text 88858
- Email: email@example.com or
- Signvideo using British Sign Language (Mon - Fri, 9am - 6pm)
Making a direct online referral