All staff engage in focused and regular professional development to ensure that every child has equal opportunities to excel and achieve.
Provision for students with SEN is a matter for the whole school. In line with the Code of Practice, RTS:
- Identify and address the SEN of the pupils we support.
- Use our best endeavours to ensure that a child with SEN receives the support they need.
- Ensure that all students with SEN are offered full access to an aspirational, broad, balanced and appropriate mainstream curriculum whatever their prior attainment.
- Provide for the individual needs of all students with SEN and ensure their progress in mainstream education, alongside students who do not have SEN, in order to maximize their achievement.
- Ensure that the needs of students with SEN are identified, assessed, provided for and regularly reviewed.
- Take the views, wishes and feelings of the young person into account, and involve them as fully as possible in decision making about their own education.
- Work in partnership with parents to enable them to make an active, empowered and informed contribution to their son/ daughter’s education.
- Designate a teacher responsible for the coordinating of SEN provision i.e. SENCO.
Identification and assessment of students with special education needs and disabilities
Students are identified as potentially requiring learning support in a number of ways:
- An existing EHPC on arrival at RTS.
- Baseline numeracy and literacy assessments on entry into school.
- Ongoing formative teacher assessment.
- Information from primary school.
- Information from parents.
- Information from outside agencies, including the health service or social services.
- In-depth reporting on all pupils progress three times a year.
- Referral by RTS staff.
SEND Local Offer Information
SEND Local Offer website for Kingston and Richmond.
Please note: families from outside the boroughs of Kingston and Richmond will need to refer to the SEND Local Offer in their home local authority.
The Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) in Kingston and Richmond and other independent supporters.
SEND Local Offer Poster
For more information about SEND contact
Ms Carrick-Steele, Lead Practitioner and SENDCo- SLT@rts.richmond.sch.uk
You can read the school's SEND Information Report below.