- About Us»
- The Richmond Upon Thames School Trust»
- London Borough of Richmond upon Thames»
London Borough of Richmond upon Thames
It has long since been an ambition for Richmond Council to create a new secondary school in the borough. The Local Authority’s projections made clear that there would be sufficient need for an additional secondary school in the Twickenham area by 2017.
This was a result of the number of additional primary school places created in the Twickenham and Whitton areas. In addition, places are required to meet anticipated demand caused by high birth rates and large numbers of families moving to the area. One of the reasons for this is the consistently excellent primary schools and the three housing developments at Twickenham Stadium, Twickenham Station and the former Royal Mail sorting office site.
In addition, the Campus will also help realise another ambition to provide new, purpose built buildings for pupils with learning difficulties and additional complex needs.
What Richmond Council will bring to RTS:
- Project management support, expertise and resources to progress the project through pre-opening and ensure the successful delivery of the school.
- Governance advice and support as the school develops its governance arrangements.
- Expertise and resources to facilitate communications and engagement with students, parents, local residents and other key stakeholders.
- Support the school’s work with local stakeholders and broker opportunities to work with partners.
For more information about Richmond Council, go to: www.richmond.gov.uk