Art, Design & Technology
Students are exposed to art and design from past and present cultures of various types, and opportunities to see work in context and, therefore, to value its meaning. The KS3 programme provides students with a way of seeing themselves and their environment in a unique way.
Students are taught to develop their creativity and ideas, and increase competence in their execution through:
- Using a range of techniques to record their observations in sketchbooks, journals and other media as a basis for exploring their ideas
- Using a range of techniques and media, including painting
- Increasing their skill in handling different materials
- Analysing and evaluating their own work, and that of others, to improve their work
- The history of art, craft, design and architecture, including periods, styles and major movements from ancient times up to the present day
Students are assigned project based homework with multiple deadlines.
Students are assessed every three weeks using formative assessment of themselves, their peers or by their teacher.
There are opportunities to enter art competitions and display work in exhibitions, work with artists in residence and visits to museums and galleries.